Thursday, January 12, 2017

Card tutorial: Watercolor effect using Position-It stamping tool

when a card idea works out, you just have to share!!

I got this stamp at a garage sale, and really had no plans for it but just loved it.

Fast forward to last night and I see this watercolor technique using those stamp positioning tools. Bingo!!

We have been testing out and doing instructional videos on our new Position It "The Ultimate Stamping Tool" and I will admit ... I really didn't think it was a tool I needed. THEN I started playing with it!! Hook, line and sinker, baby ... I am hooked!!

So I brought in my stamp and I'll show briefly with a picture tutorial the technique.

 Using watercolor markers I inked up the flowers and leaves of the stamp. I sprayed with water mist and then actually blended the large flower petals with a brush.
 Positioning on a Position-It stamping tool, taping down my paper, I applied the first layer.
 Colored in the branches with brown. Spritz with water mist (lightly) and stamp down. Perfectly in place because of the stamping tool!!
 here is the two images lined up.
Colored in the final images in this case two birds and the sentiment. Now I didn't want these to be watercolor looking so I didn't spritz these.
 and here is the final image.
 Using the last release from Frantic Stamper (frame FRA10069), just seemed to be the perfect compliment. And Voila ... a delightful watercolor card.

Until next time,

Jenn


Position-It Ultimate Stamping Tool can be found at: www.ecstasycrafts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment