Monday, March 27, 2017

Pixie Powder Card Class ~ update on Blog from Feb 13 2017

I was playing with the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders back in February and wrote a blog about the resulting card:

http://ecpapercreations.blogspot.ca/2017/02/fun-with-pigment-powders.html

I then decided I'd have it as a card class. We plan the month of classes a month in advance, so by the time the card rolled around, I was a bit concerned with my abilities!

Here is the first card I made along with the most recent.


In class we used only the "single color" pixie powders. So layered the different colors individually. Using a light dusting of the powder, then spritzing with water and heat drying the area, we created individual colors on our paper. The die is a Creative Expressions Background die, CED7106 and the sentiment Creative Expressions, CED5414.

Without naming names, there was one person in each class that came in saying they weren't going to like Pixie Powders. Thankfully I was able to serve up a slice of "crow pie" 😃. 

"Hi Jennifer, I am glad I stuck with it, because I love the end product."


 Here are some of the cards made in class (I didn't get photos of all of them, unfortunately).




 One person finished their card at home (with the rose) and made a second with the left over paper.

Each its own masterpiece, Pixie Powders allow you to create beautiful and custom backgrounds. The combinations and possibilities are endless! One tip, if I may, when layering colors, don't use too much water, keep a paper towel handy to dab up excess water while drying and above all, be patient and give the finished background piece a chance to dry. You may get discouraged during the process, but they are virtually fool-proof. 

I'd love to see your Pixie Powder creations. Feel free to email them to me at ECPaperCrafts.Jenn@gmail.com

Until next time,

Jenn
Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders are available at EcstasyCrafts.com

Creative Expressions dies CED7106 and CED5414 available at EcstasyCrafts.com

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Enjoyed doing this class and using the pixie powders. I thought mine looked great until I saw the others. Everyone's was completely different, but stunning! Thanks for the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. buy cbd isolate powder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents thanks for sharing.
    ออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง คาสิโน uplay365

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    Game Fish Shooting

    ReplyDelete