Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A whole new world of stamping

I'll stop the stamp cards soon, I promise!! But this Position-It has opened a whole new area for me, I'm just itching to play. And truth be told, I still have a few more stamp-focused cards coming your way so bear with me.

In playing with the stamping tool and a set of Frog's Whiskers stamps that is the filled in and outline versions that match up, it opens a new world to me!!

I first saw this technique when I watched the Cathie Allan video on the Position-It and we had a stamp here that seemed like it would work perfectly with this technique.

Here is the Cathie Allan video:


About 4 minutes in she starts this layering technique.

So I tried it today. Here is my picture tutorial



Starting with your lightest color, and make sure your paper surface is taped down. I use 3M extra strong post-it notes they have sticky all the way along and it doesn't remove any paper when you are finished.











Because you can ink and restamp, we can layer many, many times. So I applied various shades of blues and even purples.






building layer by layer adding different shades of blues and purples














adding a bit of lilac and  white to the center of the stamp










The final stage is lining up the outline layer of the stamp set and stamping down the outline. Easy enough to do really, especially when the stamp has definitive patterns to line up.















Here are the two stamps from Frog's Whiskers







Don't forget, I am going to have a little give-away ... post a comment on any blog in the month of February and your name will be entered into a draw to receive this combination of Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders used in the card on my blog February 13. Comment on each blog to increase your entries. Only one comment per blog but you can comment on any and every blog entry in February (including blogs posted earlier in the month).


Until next time,


Jenn

products used:

Frog's Whiskers Hydrangea J802 & J805 and carious pigment inks. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks great Jenn! Another fun technique to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so easy to use, might have to consider taking up stamping once again.

    Lori from Courtenay

    ReplyDelete